First known under the name of Long-Sault, in reference to the rapids with the same name along the Ottawa River, Temiscaming owes its existence to the arrival of the Riordon Pulp and Paper Co. in 1918.
The Town was designed along an English concept ''Garden City'' in view of creating a comfortable and pleasant environment in order to encourage workers and their families to settle here. The Anglo-Saxon architecture, the flower gardens and the works of art of European origin enter agreeably in the natural and sumptuous setting of this company Town built on mountain slope.
Rayonier A.M., the main employer with more than 850 workers, exports its products to more than 50 countries. Guided tours of the Town and industrial visits are offered to visitors, by reservation.